Monday, April 21, 2008

First sail on Eclipse

Woke up surprisingly late on Sunday... about 9am Houston time (3pm UK time). I guess the long trip must have warn me out. Picked up some breakfast at a boardwalk cafe (croissant with cheese and bacon with New Orleans coffee) then checked out the boat in sunlight. It's looking really great, Greg's obviously done a lot of work, (or at least had a lot of work done!). A couple of minor issues to work through this week, but nothing major. Took it out for a sail, which was fantastic. Sunny, warm and a nice breeze. If the weather stays like this we should be able to make Florida in one tack! I'm tanning nicely already, but am going to have to pick up some factor 50 if I want to avoid sunburn.

Drove back to Greg's house after the sail. His place is huge! But at 3000 square foot is considered small in this area, and (given the exchange rates) is probably worth less than my house in Whitstable!

No comments: