Thursday, April 24, 2008

So much to do!

We're setting sail on Saturday morning, and it's coming up fast! The boats looking good, and all of the outstanding issuse on the to do list should be done by tomorrow evening. I've spent the last few days sorting out the laptops for the yacht, (one primary plus one older one in case of problems) sorting out stuff on the boat, and getting my tourist shopping done! I even valet parked at the local Saks 5th Avenue store on Tuesday! I could get used to this, but the place is huge. I've done about 400 miles so far this week, mainly just going to and from the boat, but at least petrol is cheap - a full tank for only $50 (about £28)!

This afternoon I'm driving down to the boat and hopefully we're going to be able to take it for a test sail, then there's a party to attend this evening held by Shirley, who's one of the crew for the first leg, and an English ex-pat living in Houston. Tomorrow I've got to re-pack my bags for the sail and get everything stowed on board.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob, what a life you live, as some of the other comments say, all you seem to be doing is shoping, whem do you start sailing? With all this shoping I am slight;ly worried about collecting u from the airport (if you need me), will I need a trailer. Knowing you, it is all being shipped back, so there are parcels for you when you get home. Will we be able to see any pictures on this blog soon. Keep enjoying yourself and keep entertaining us back in the homeland. Dad Govier

Anonymous said...

Hi Robert,I hope you are impressed with us Govier's for a) looking at this blog and b) working out how to send messages...lots of love to you,hope today went well.Dinah x