Monday, April 21, 2008

Not a good day for gadgets

Woke up early this morning, (5am Houston time, 11am UK time). Turned on my phone which promptly crashed, then on reboot wouldn't read the SD card. Bad news as this is also my SatNav, which needs the SD card to work. Can't get the thing to work, looks like the SD card slot has died, and apparently Orange insurance 'wil express ship me a new one as soon as I return to the UK'. So looks like I'm either going to have to resort to paper maps, (which I'm not confident I'd be able to follow given the distance between places and the strange American road signs round here) or buy a new SatNav. Looks like a trip to the local Frys electronic store.

Then to make matters worse, opened up my laptop to check email and discovered I've broken one of the hinges... guess I must have dropped it at some point on the trip. Still working, but doesn't look good. Fingers crossed it'll last until I get back to the UK!

No comments: